Eye Hydration & Dry Eye Therapy System
Bringing Relief to the Masses
The eyeXpress® is a Class 1 (exempt), FDA cleared, therapeutic device that has opened up a new affordable way to treat dry eye and eye fatigue. Through the patented goggle system, the device provides uniform, constant, regulated, heat to the entire surface of the upper and lower lids. The eyeXpress® increases the tear film and aids in the eye hydrating itself. Providing a regulated temperature. The eyeXpress® softens the meibum and aids in meibomian gland expression, and offers relief to the patient.
The eyeXpress® helps in the relief of:
- helps against aqueous tear-deficient dry eye
- improves the stability of tear composition
- aids in liquefying the meibum
- helps with meibomian gland expression
- improves tear film breakup time
What is “Dry Eye”?
As Defined by the National Eye Institute.
Dry eye occurs when the eye does not produce tears properly, or when the tears are not of the correct consistency and evaporate too quickly.
In addition, inflammation of the surface of the eye may occur along with dry eye. If left untreated, this condition can lead to pain, ulcers, or scars on the cornea, and some loss of vision. However, permanent loss of vision from dry eye is uncommon.
Dry eye can make it more difficult to perform some activities, such as using a computer or reading for an extended period of time, and it can decrease tolerance for dry environments, such as the air inside an airplane.
What are the symptoms of “Dry Eye”?
- stinging or burning of the eye
- a sandy or gritty feeling as if something is in the eye
- episodes of excess tears following very dry eye periods
- pain and redness of the eye
- fluctuating and blurry vision
- heavy eyelids
- itchy eyes
- uncomfortable contact lenses
- decreased tolerance of reading, working on the computer, or any activity that requires sustained visual attention
- eye fatigue